Monday 20 February 2012

How Aida got involved with outdoors, community and conservation volunteerism...

Name: Aida T. A. Rahman


Date: 8th Feb 2012

Expedition:

Expedition Borneo 98I as host country venturer

Expedition Chile 03A as Asst Logistics Officer (Staff)

What are you doing now?

I am now working with a responsible tourism company Camp Borneo in Sabah as Camp Manager for our island camp, Camp Mantanani (www.campsinternational.com)

What has Raleigh meant to you?

Raleigh had opened my eyes and mind and eventually had given me an option to make a bold yet necessary change. I was trained in property and had been in the property consultancy division for 3 years before I had opted for a non pay leave to go on the Borneo 98I expedition. The experience was so overwhelming that I had been involved in outdoors, community and conservation volunteerism eversince. I picked up the courage to switch careers not long after my second expedition and have no regrets in doing so.

Despite wishing that I had discovered my true interest much earlier in life, I am glad with how things had turned out for me. Indirectly Raleigh had helped me pave my way to live my dream. A dear friend had shared this saying with me a while ago when I was uncertain, so remember this dear fellow Raleighians;

" its impossible.." says Reason

" its reckless.." says Experience

" its painful.." says Pride

but " Try.." says Dream

the challenge my friends, is to bring Dream to life!

(All photos by Aida)

1 comment:

  1. Aida, I admire your courage to follow your dreams. It's an amazing journey. And I agree, Raleigh has helped opened my eyes to so many things.

    ReplyDelete